BANNOCKBURN HOUSE TRUST
MINUTES OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
22.6.21 BY ZOOM
Trustees present: Penny Ellis (Chair), Anne Smith, Allie May, Alan Marshall, Steven Tolson, Gaynor Crocombe, Sylvia Barclay, Gerry Traynor, Tommy Cattigan, Linda Masterson, Willie McEwan.
Members present: Robert Aitken, Catriona Conroy, Alan Buchan, Helen McGregor, Ieuan Rees, Ross Caldwell, Robert Dennis, Mairi Gilchrist, Jim Palmer, Anne Monaghan, Amanda Deary, Margaret Pollock, Sheila Taylor, Jim Bennett.
- Penny opened the meeting and thanked everyone for attending. She pointed out that this AGM and Report cover the year April 2019 – end March 2020.
- Chair’s Report. Main points:
- 2019 had been a busy and exciting year with various events taking place and Climate Challenge Funding enabling garden staff to be taken on
- Funding was obtained from William F. Grant for the toilet block
- Penny went through and thanked the list of funders
- Staff were thanked for their hard work
- £20000 had been raised from events and volunteers were thanked for their work in making these successful
- There are around 200 volunteers and their hours amount to circa £225000 in money terms
- Work has continued throughout with Board meetings being conducted monthly on Zoom
- Work on the Chauffeur’s Cottage is likely to begin in early 2022
- Funding has been obtained for a feasibility study into glamping in the grounds
- The Bannockburn Blether has taken place regularly on Zoom
- The need for more Bannockburn members was acknowledged
Penny again thanked everyone in attendance.
- Resolution. That postcode FK78PX be added to the list of eligible postcodes in Annexe 1 of Bannockburn House Trust Constitution This was carried with no objections.
- Accounts. Members had received copies of the accounts before the meeting. They were reminded that these pertain to 2019 – 2020. Staff were thanked for their assistance in financial matters.
- Auditors. John M. Taylor were retained.
- Election of Trustees. Penny thanked those trustees standing down – Willie McEwan, Linda Masterson and Tommy Cattigan for all they have done for Bannockburn House Trust. Candidates Catriona Conroy, Alan Buchan and Robert Aitken were elected unopposed. Co-opted Trustees Penny Ellis, Anne Smith and Steven Tolson remain co-opted for another year.
- Open Session. There were no questions.
- Penny closed the meeting, thanking everyone for their attendance.
To read the accounts, click here: